Monday, August 10, 2009

Keep your lids screwed on tight!

Ever since I was in 9th grade and took 3-d design class, I have been obsessed with zebra print

I really LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.

It was sorta a secret love because I didnt want to seem too wild and crazy!
It wasn't plastered on everything like it is now.
I had to get comfortable with my love of the animal print.

When I began my business 2 years ago (wow, cannot believe I've been doing this for 2 years)
I felt this would be the best place to display my love of the print
So I bought business cards, post it notes, address labels, and my beloved luggage with my wild print and of course hot pink accents...












I still do not own clothing in this print, I fear that I would have to admit I may be getting to that cougar-ish age!

Eeeeekkkkkk!

But I LOVE me some accessories!

So little by little my display of love is flourishing out in public.
Look at my beatiful new bag for the summer...




















And then there's the subtle phone cover...



















(and I downloaded the sweetest theme EVER!)






*insert Beyonce' song here***I'm a, I'm a, I'm a D I V A...
(that song plays in my head everytime I pull my phone out of my purse!!)
Too bad zebra's didn't make a cool loud roaring sound, I think they make a meek little squeak!
Enough background, onto my story....
This weekend the boy and I took a roadtrip together, our first trip in an RV
we were headed out to the RV Resort with Grandma and Papa Nixon

I take my great new bag because it's totally awesome and it can fit all my summer "necessities"

The bag makes it on a trip to the pool...
I load it up with beach towels, extra clothes, sunblock, magazines and my personal belongings

It takes a walk back and forth to the corner mini mart with me, and takes the load of more summer goodness- sunflower seeds, ice cream, juice

My purse sits out on the RV lot with me to watch the boy go back and forth in his scooter-
doing his tricks, talking (too much) to the neighbor, moving from chair to chair as people decide to sit down, get up and change chairs, use a chair for snacks

As the sun is setting, everyone decides to go inside. So I decide it's time to load up the purse once again. So in goes the magazine I was reading, the snacks the boy was eating, my cellphone, and a bottle of water the boy was drinking.

A bottle of water you say? Oh yeah, a FULL bottle of water. A bottle of water the boy was drinking from and screwed the lid back on himself!

As I sit down in the RV, I pull out my magazine- why oh why is this magazine SOAKING wet?!!!

Why are all my electronics floating in this fishtank at the bottom of my purse?
Well, you see, this lovely purse is made of plastic, so it's just holding in all this wet goodness in
and sloshing my blackberry, work cell phone, camera, and video camera back and forth in the bottom of this fishtank.

Out I pull each item- wipe, wipe, wipe.

Pulling out the batteries- blow, blow, blow.
Pleading with each item to be safe from the dreaded water damage.
I was able to save all but my poor camera...
So to all you souls out there, please make sure your lids are screwed on tight!
We will be mourning my camera tonight.

http://www.daysoffivelives.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Oh no! Not the camera! And a pink one at that!

I hang my head and share in a moment of silence in remembrance of your camera.

My condolences!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Awww, no! That is horrible!

Mrs. Happily-ever-after said...

I'm so sorry about your camera - it was a cute one! Love the zebra luggage, too.

Queenie Jeannie said...

This has happened to me before too. Only it was MY FAULT!!!!

At least it was only one thing for you!

Follow along through the fun and agony as we try to figure out how to raise two completely opposite teenagers- Teen 1, the fiesty yet inquisitive one, Teen 2 quiet but wise-cracking and our ball full of energy known as The Boy. It aint always pretty, but we’ll sure try to make the best of it!
These are the stories of our lives…