Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Truth Hurts

From the first time I heard her voice, I fell in love
Mariah is my all time favorite singer- hands down
(Haters-please leave the comments to yourself! and sister I promise not to tell anyone that you sung along to her songs at the concert!)
I know she's a little coo coo at times
but you cannot deny that noone can belt it out like she does
and since she writes alot of her own music
most of the songs DO end up sounding exactly like the last one,
she repeat what she's said before
that just makes it easier for ME to learn the words,
so it's all GOOD
Love you Mariah!!
Since I have such a love for this girl
her music is always playing in my car
If I've got a 6 disc player, probably 4, if not 5 out of the 6 are full of her cd's
I know, I know, you can hook up ipods, but that's just too much damn technolgy!
Her music blasts as loud as possible from my speakers
I sing at the top of my lungs
and yes, if I'm really into it,
I'll even do the one finger holding my ear just to make sure I'm on key!
(now if you've ever heard me sing, you know just how wrong that is!!)
Since I know babies are soothed by the sounds that they hear in the womb
With baby #3, I was sure that it was gonna be something I could stand to listen to over and over
You may think I'm crazy
but to this day (my boy is now 3 1/2)
if he is/was EVER fussy, crying, screaming in the car
pop in MC (Emancipation CD is his favorite!)
within the first two bars
S I L E N C E
People are actually quite amazed at how this works,
Grandma would always yell, Where's Mariah??!!!
However as your children get older
they come to realize the truths in life
Their parents are just not quite the super human that they believed them to be
(My girls are now 15 and 12)
This is what they proceed to tell me as we're driving down the street the other day...
Teenager: I remember when I thought you could sing like Mariah
Pre-teen: oh yeah, me too
Teenager: I used to tell ALL my friends you could sing just like her
Pre-teen: I got in a fight with a kid at school about it
He said his mom could sing like Mariah
I said no, my mom REALLY does sing just like her!
Me: What do you mean? You think I don't sound like her?
Maybe it's cause I had the music up so loud
Teenager: No, I think it's cause now we're allowed to sit in the front seat!!!!
Sometimes, the truth hurts!

3 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Hahaha! You've got a smart one on your hands there! That is so funny! But I'm sure you do sing like Mariah, really.

Tara said...

I'm not saying a word...I'm just laughing!! you are too cute!! i may not be her biggest fan, but the girl can sing!

Ms. Wanda said...

To Funny!!! Wow now I know what to prepare myself for my kids will figure me out soon, yikes!!!

Follow along through the fun and agony as we try to figure out how to raise two completely opposite teenagers- Teen 1, the fiesty yet inquisitive one, Teen 2 quiet but wise-cracking and our ball full of energy known as The Boy. It aint always pretty, but we’ll sure try to make the best of it!
These are the stories of our lives…