Monday, June 29, 2009

My boy and hubby went home the other night to an empty house
This was the first night for the girls to be at their dad's house for their weekly visit
And I had to go to off to do a show right after my day job
(I'm also in the business of putting the Passion and romance back into the lives of couples)
So there they were, just the boys
ALONE in the house
with nothing but their McDonald's in hand
he looks at his daddy and says,
Daddy, my heart is bothering me
Why? asks Hubby
Cause my sissies and mommy aren't home!
(of course by now his lip is purched out)
His daddy let him call his sisters...
he asked them to come home right now!
Aaaahhhh...talk about heart wrenching!!!!!!!!
Oh, the guilt I felt!!
Unfortunately he was already asleep by the time I got home that night.
But the next morning, he hugged and kissed me like never before
He's never been much of a mama's boy
Maybe absence does make the heart grow fonder!


2 comments:

kimberly said...

too sweet.. does he miss his auntie too???

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ahhhh! That's so sweet!!

Follow along through the fun and agony as we try to figure out how to raise two completely opposite teenagers- Teen 1, the fiesty yet inquisitive one, Teen 2 quiet but wise-cracking and our ball full of energy known as The Boy. It aint always pretty, but we’ll sure try to make the best of it!
These are the stories of our lives…