Thursday, April 15, 2010

Now I know why animals eat their young...

Because they must’ve gone through the teenage years with a previous litter.

Oh my Teen 1
How I love thee…
but I truly wonder what kind of logic is going on in that brain of yours…

These are downright serious conversations with Teen 1.


She calls me after school as she does daily to tell me about her day

Mom, Ms. X gave me a compliment today, she says.

Oh really? What happened?, I ask
(Ms. X and her have been having issues since day 1 since I'm quite surprised)

Well I asked her if I could bring my grade up by the end of the semester
And Ms X. said, Yes, I know you can do it, but I just don’t know what’s wrong with you.

I'm sorta perplexed?
I reply, Oh really, so that was her compliment.

Yeah.

Hmmm…Ok.
(ok, if that's what she thinks?!)


Then she continues on asking if I would take her to get an application for a job.

We talk some more and I tell her I’m not comfortable until she brings her grades up.

Yeah, well I’m lazy.

Ummm…ok.
(I went on and on with my motherly lecture but I’ll spare you the details)

Mom, did you know that most geniuses were lazy?

No, actually I had no idea.

Yeah, most of them were! I’m like a genius.

http://www.daysoffivelives.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Diane J. said...

Oh my gosh, too funny! Maybe my 15-year-old is a genius after all, LOL.

Nana said...

Oh my goodness, sounds like old times.
(with my kids) Just keep lecturing they will turn out fine. ha ha ha My youngest daughter that sounds like she had a lot in common with your #1 daughter will soon be moving out of state with her hubby who will be attending med school. She also has her own accomplisments.

She started her own nail business. I really can't think of what that is called right now. Duh. Anyway finger nails and toe nails not nails you pound into the wall. She has a two year old and is expecting another one.

Who knew? Because really, I thought she was going to put me in the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Six feet under.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Ha!

My daughter is only 3 and I definately understand why some animals eat their young.

Follow along through the fun and agony as we try to figure out how to raise two completely opposite teenagers- Teen 1, the fiesty yet inquisitive one, Teen 2 quiet but wise-cracking and our ball full of energy known as The Boy. It aint always pretty, but we’ll sure try to make the best of it!
These are the stories of our lives…