Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Reflections...December

With Birthdays, Christmas, New Year’s, and every other reason my family could find to throw a party- I need to make sure I get this December to Remember in the memory books…
aka…my bloggity blog!

So here we go…
Weekend #1
The weekend after Thanksgiving was our first December party.
We were celebrating my lil’ ster’s b-day with a 1920’s Murder Mystery.
It was absolutely magical to see the way everyone transformed into their character from the moment they walked into the door.
The women were dressed in a beautiful assortment of dresses and fur coats with matching hairstyles and gorgeous pearls.
The men wore 3 piece suits, overcoats, and top hats.
Everyone looked marvelous and I longed for days of beautiful people again!

We drank like it was days of prohibition, 5 people were murdered,and there was plenty of extortion going on but it was all in the name of FUN!

Weekend #2
My mom’s annual Christmas party.
It’s a fun holiday party filled with family, friends, and co-workers.
Oh yeah, and lots and lots of food (and maybe some booze)
This year Mom’s BFF (from Jr. High or maybesooner) showed up with her family.
We used to hang out with their family at least every couple of weeks but as we got older and each family moved, it’s been at least 16 years since I’ve seen them last. We had a blast catching up, dancing, eating, and drinking!


We were even graced with the presence of all of the Dollette's, when they're there, it's a party!

Weekend #3
The big Sweet 16 was upon us.
Teen 1 was officially 16 and I turned 31 the same day.
I decided to forego any celebration for myself since Teen 1 gave up a party last year in honor of my 30th.
We had a bonfire for my girl and all of her friends.
They had fun hanging out, making smores, and giggling as girls do!
She was super sweet and surprised me by having the whole party sing Happy Birthday to me instead of her when it was cake time. Very cute, thanks!
The next day we celebrated my Dad’s birthday as well.
He went to see The Grinch show in Hollywood and loved it!
I don’t think he has any pictures with the pan-handling characters though!

Weekend #4



Christmas Eve- My Dad’s famous Christmas Eve chili was shared by all.
We also did our 2nd annual ugly ornament exchange.
I can’t wait to see what everyone’s trees will look like in a few years.It’s funny to see the reaction of the cashier as you purchase these ornaments with a straight face!
The cashier this year asked me if the ornament was made out of the stuff they use to clean toilet bowls with!
Christmas Day – Santa came and dropped off what the kids had been hoping for all year.
They were overjoyed and we always have so much fun watching them.
Then off to my Mom’s house for our white elephant gift exchange with the array of wacky gifts that make their way back, champagne tasting, tip cup, dance party, and King’s cup all before 7pm. It was a doozy that Christmas day!

Weekend #5
New Year’s Eve- This year we did a Celebrities in Times Square Ball Drop! Complete with red carpet, papparazzi, and the celebrities of course.
Alicia Keys, Lady Gaga, Kat Von D, Beyonce, Jackass, Pharrell just to name a few...

What a way to end the year!




In between all of this weekend fun, we also had one Christmas choir show every week for each of the kids, Teen 2 actually had 2 this year. I wish I had pictures, they were all really good!
Except Teen 2 looks like she’s absolutely miserable up on stage…teenagers!!

By Jan 2nd we were all complaining about how full the month was in one breathe, but planning our next adventure in the next!

Can't wait for the next one!

1 comment:

Makk said...

Congrats!

Have A Smiling year ahead.

Follow along through the fun and agony as we try to figure out how to raise two completely opposite teenagers- Teen 1, the fiesty yet inquisitive one, Teen 2 quiet but wise-cracking and our ball full of energy known as The Boy. It aint always pretty, but we’ll sure try to make the best of it!
These are the stories of our lives…