Friday, September 3, 2010

Relaxing, it aint no easy task

at days end, i kick off my slippers and plop my feet up on the coffee table.
honey, your feet are swollen.
you need to stay off of your feet, hubby says.
youre on vacation.

i know, i know i sigh.
but im leaving the house at 8 and getting home when you get home from work.
ive got dr.s appointments and parties to shop for.

youre on vacation! stay home and relax!
kick your feet up!

ughhh along with an eye roll was my reply.
i have a serious problem relaxing!
but i put my feet up in hopes of figuring out how.

and let me tell you, the thought of staying home to relax had me tossing and turning all night.
i woke up at 3am and couldnt go back to sleep.
i watched a couple episodes of bored to death, that is a funny show. which had me up and laughing in the middle of the night.
not so good when you should be going back to sleep...
but then again,
i was supposed to stay home all day and relax.

i, thankfully, was able to get back to sleep and woke up around 8:30, thats a good start, right?
but then the phone rings and my sister is inviting me and the boy to breakast, thats easy going.
sure id love to join you i say!

but once im outside, its over.
the boy and i both love to be outside.
he persuades me to take him to the skatepark, so i kick up my feet up while he skates his little heart out!
he slides down a few ramps on his belly, his knees, his elbows as his board slips out from under his feet!
i on the other hand am sweating my buns off in the scorching heat as im sitting on this concrete block trying to be incognito.

after about 90 minutes, i cant take it anymore and am able to persuade him to do what i love while im out...
shopping, well its really an indoor thing, but its outside of the house, so that counts.

we go into walmart and come out with loads of goodies.with less than $25 i was able to redo a bathroom!
a little switcheroo of a shower curtain and decorative towels
viola
a whole new bathroom!
accomplishing a feat like that relaxes me.

we also picked up a few snacks for the teenagers back to school party.
i know, a house full of hungry, gossipping teenagers does not sound relaxing!
but as im reporting to you live from bloggerroid, ive got my feet kicked up and im ready to take them on!
i think...
my mind is racing wondering if i have enough chips, cookies, sodas
how many pizzas should i order?
am i supposed to put on a bonfire, cause i dont have a pit.
do these kids think theyre drinking here? cause it aint happening!
are they gonna have fun? or is gonna be a total bust.
will my kids be the laughing stalks of the school cause they had the lamest back to school party ever?
inhale
exhale
wish me luck!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.8

1 comment:

Christine Macdonald said...

Good luck! Hubby is right... take time for you. I know it's hard, but you are worth it! :)

Great post and love your blog. Following. :)

Follow along through the fun and agony as we try to figure out how to raise two completely opposite teenagers- Teen 1, the fiesty yet inquisitive one, Teen 2 quiet but wise-cracking and our ball full of energy known as The Boy. It aint always pretty, but we’ll sure try to make the best of it!
These are the stories of our lives…