Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Monstly Wordless Wednesday...Sandwich Monster

I've created a Monster
4 Monsters to be exact.

I used to yell, scream, huff, and puff all morning long
at the kids to get ready on time
and pick something out for breakfast
If we got in the car and they grabbed candy, fruit snacks, or didn't get anything at all,
I'd be angry with them, well, because, it's brain food!

I'd drive off from their school feeling all guilty,
picturing them there hungry in their classroom,
their little sad deprived faces,
rubbing their little tummies
waiting for the lunch bell to ring.
Dramatic, I know.

They'd come home from school
and talk about how their friends shared their watermelon,
sandwiches, chips, cookies.
Just stabbing my heart with each little word.
Blah, blah, blah, so and so's mom is so much better than you...she makes her kids food...blah, blah, blah...
(of course that's not what they said, but that's what I heard!!)

Then all of a sudden a light bulb went off in my head,
Ummm...hello! Mom, make your kids some food!

And thus, the monsters were born.

Hubby heard the monsters in the making
and now he's become one too.
He usually leaves early, so sometimes I don't get to his in time...
Mustard (and I put a little mayo, because seriously a sandwich without mayo, is just unthinkable!), jalapeno munster cheese, and ham







PB & J
because it was Wed. and the 1st time he received sandwiches for the week.











Mayonaise, colby cheddar cheese, and ham










She used to like PB&J until she accidently got her sister's ham.
She was amazed at the ham sandwich skills her mother possesed.
So now she gets extra mayo, mustard, no cheese, (she prefers pastrami(monster's i told you)
but will settle for ham if that's all we have!








PB & J, just like his daddy's.










Guess that wasn't very wordless...
Happy Wednesday, may your bellies be full, and your hearts happy!

http://www.daysoffivelives.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

Janelle, Janelle, Janelle, I love this and I LOVE you! I too, feel the same way about Firstborn going to school without breakfast, so I cook a full breakfast every morning to prevent those ugly thoughts and pictures in my head of him sitting in class with no brain food and falling out of his desk because he has no energy. LOL!

The notes on the sandwich bags are just like you...precious!

Cheeseboy said...

So clever, it is in fact, genius. And personalized genius too.

Follow along through the fun and agony as we try to figure out how to raise two completely opposite teenagers- Teen 1, the fiesty yet inquisitive one, Teen 2 quiet but wise-cracking and our ball full of energy known as The Boy. It aint always pretty, but we’ll sure try to make the best of it!
These are the stories of our lives…