Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Family Photos

I’m so excited,
I finally booked a family portrait session
With the great Jack Rodriguez.

He’s taken pictures of my sisters family for the past couple years
And he is amazing.
(it helps that they’re all so darned cute!)

So I finally quit procrastinating and booked a date.

Of course, as soon as I did that I started to worry that my pictures wouldn’t come out so great. I started googling ways to pose.
It’s amazing the tricks that are out there.
Don’t look straight at the camera.
Turn to the side a bit, shoulder facing the camera.
Watch for double chin.
Don’t leave your arms against your body, it flattens them out and makes them look bigger.
Seriously, I’ve been doing this stuff for the past 30 years, why is it now that I’m just googling it?!!

Then there’s the location. I want to capture the kids personalities as they are now.
Where could this magical place be?

How about the clothing?!
We don’t want to be too matchy matchy,
but we also don’t want to look like a circus with 100 different colors and styles going on.
or like these folks...
You have to plan so much to look “natural”!
I mean I don’t want to come out looking like this...
Suspicious Minds Seriously, you have to check out this website.

I couldn't stop laughing.
Oh wait, I hope I don't turn up on here one day...hide the headshots!!
www.daysoffivelives.blogspot.com

2 comments:

kimberly said...

i have the perfect picture of you to post up on that site!!! hahaaa beware!!

Cheeseboy said...

Oh wow. I think I see some of my cousins in there!

Our family photos are tomorrow. I am thinking either leopard skin or just flat out shirtless.

Follow along through the fun and agony as we try to figure out how to raise two completely opposite teenagers- Teen 1, the fiesty yet inquisitive one, Teen 2 quiet but wise-cracking and our ball full of energy known as The Boy. It aint always pretty, but we’ll sure try to make the best of it!
These are the stories of our lives…