Thursday, July 15, 2010

Confessions of a shopaholic...Like Totally

As I’m surfing the web
I come across an article about
Inexplicable fads from our childhood

Who doesn’t love a little nostalgia?
A trip down memory lane
A look back at the things that used to bring you such joy as a child

Or maybe I’m just that way cause my Dad is Mr. Nostalgia himself.
(that’s a whole ‘nother story!)

I click on the article
Probably because I was hoping the jelly shoes were on their way back in style

I see the scrunchies in every color (how about genie clips?!)
or banana clips

The slap bracelets, I could never get those to work!

The hyper-color shirts,
When you touched them or got hot in certain areas, they would change colors.
Remember, Body Glove?
Those damn 5th grade boys would smack the girls as we stood in line.
Or they would come around and say they were “FBI”
Female Body Inspectors
You clever little 5th grade boys.

Awww…I think back and can remember where and when I wore each one of these things
But nothing takes me back like the
Charm necklace does
Or bracelet in my case.

OMG!

I haven’t seen one of these things in ages!

I remember these little plastic wonders.
Did you have a love for skating? They had a charm for it.
Were pink flamingos your favorite? Well, there was a charm for that
Want to display your love for harmonicas? Guess what, there was a charm!

I remember playing hopscotch in elementary school and using my charms
Or broken pieces of the bracelet as place markers…

This, of course, instantly put me in shopaholic mode!

And where would one go shopping for such things?

Like totally - Ebay, duh?!

There's so many to choose from?!This auction is starting at $9.95. They've got tennis rackets, googly eye bears, and diary.
Or this auction has 68, count em up, charms at a whopping $124.72. Seriously these things cost quarters back in the day!
I want one so bad!

Do you love plastic Thermos'? Do you want some charms? Check out this auction!

Am I really gonna spend my hard earned adult dollars on one of these kiddy things?!

I think so.

Maybe next time you run into me I'll be rockin my charms!
http://www.daysoffivelives.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

What??? I had no idea they had these on Ebay! My best childhood friend and I were JUST talking about these during happy hour! Seeing the picture of them makes me want to have them even more. Maybe I will buy some and we can trade charms!

Follow along through the fun and agony as we try to figure out how to raise two completely opposite teenagers- Teen 1, the fiesty yet inquisitive one, Teen 2 quiet but wise-cracking and our ball full of energy known as The Boy. It aint always pretty, but we’ll sure try to make the best of it!
These are the stories of our lives…